Blackheads and whiteheads can appear anywhere on the body the most common areas are face, chest or back. Blackheads occurring on the body are most common in those with genetically oily skin. However a person using comedogenic or acnegenic products can experience blackheads on the body.
Here are 5 tips to help control and prevent body acne:
• Wear natural fibers, or fabrics specifically engineered to draw moisture away from the skin. This is especially important if you're working out.
• Experiencing acne where you carry a backpack or purse? Carry your bag with your hands instead.
• Shower as soon as possible after perspiring. If you can’t shower, carry a travel-friendly towell to absorb excess oils from the skin.
• Wash the affected areas with a cleanser designed for acne-prone skin.
• If you often suffer from dry skin, moisturize, using a non-comedogenic moisturizer. Excessively dry skin can lead to breakouts.